Your smile is a significant aspect of your appearance. If there are problems with your teeth, such as discoloration, overlapping, chips, or other conditions, you may feel self-conscious and hesitant to speak or smile freely. We're here to help you find the right solution to your smile concerns.
The objective of cosmetic dentistry is to enhance the natural aspects of the smile through targeted treatment. In doing this, we can help you feel more satisfied with your facial appearance. If you're ready to schedule your consultation now, contact Gentle Dental Care, LLC in Edison, NJ at 732.549.5660.
What Cosmetic Dental Treatments are Available?
There are a number of ways that your experienced dentist can help you feel like your smile is a perfect reflection of your personality! Some of the common cosmetic treatments available today include:
- Teeth whitening - this is a great way to get a smile that dazzles
- Clear braces - many people are utilizing this treatment to get straight smiles in a discreet way
- Dental bonding - this procedure helps fix broken, chipped, or cracked teeth by using a tooh-colored resin to seal the issues
- Lifelike dental crowns - these porcelain crowns help restore your teeth to normal size and help with appearance
- Composite or porcelain veneers - these are placed onto the teeth to promote a white and bright smile
What Can Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments Do for My Smile?
Cosmetic dentistry is a fun and versatile area of our practice. In it, we can help you address a variety of concerns, each using a precise technique. Our services can bring out the best in your smile by straightening crooked or overlapped teeth, repairing broken teeth, disguising chips or spots, by lifting years of settled-in stains, and more!
What are the Benefits of Cosmetic Dental Treatment?
You may have personal reasons for wanting to enhance your smile. In them, you'll find the benefits that are unique to you. That said, we think that cosmetic dentistry treatments tend to offer a few significant rewards. These include:
- Improved appearance. Did you know that having your teeth whitened could take years off your appearance? This and other cosmetic services can rejuvenate your smile and also create more harmony across all of your facial features.
- Improved self-confidence. When you like the way you look, it shows! By correcting the cosmetic concerns that you can no longer ignore, you set the stage for sharing your smile more freely and more often. You also create a scenario in which you like what you see when you look in the mirror more than you may have when your teeth were crooked, discolored, or otherwise imperfect. This can lead to a boost in self-confidence and overall quality of life.
- Better oral health. Studies show that people who undergo cosmetic dentistry services take even better care of their smiles. They don't skip brushing or flossing, and they often even drink more water to flush harmful or staining substances from the mouth. When you have something good, you don’t want to lose it. That’s why many people see this positive lifestyle change after getting cosmetic dentistry procedures done.
- Lasting effects. Most cosmetic dentistry services achieve remarkable results that can last at least a few years. Some, like clear braces, can achieve permanent results! After your treatment, your dentist can discuss strategies to prolong the results of your cosmetic service.
- Little recovery. For the most part, cosmetic dentistry treatments don't require any downtime. Some, like veneers, might take two visits to transform your smile. However, soon after each phase, you can resume your normal activities and eating habits.
Does Insurance Cover Cosmetic Dentistry Treatment?
Dental insurance may cover at least a portion of the cost of some services that fall into the cosmetic category. These are the services that also have a reparative component. For example, if you need a tooth repaired and your dentist suggests a dental crown, you can choose one that looks like a natural tooth (rather than a full-metal crown). Cosmetic treatments like teeth whitening and porcelain veneers are not covered by insurance.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
We'd love to help you address your cosmetic concerns with personal dental care in a comfortable, friendly office! Contact Gentle Dental Care today to learn more about our cosmetic dentistry services.
We are proud to serve patients in Piscataway Township, New Brunswick, Metuchen, Woodbridge Township NJ, and surrounding areas.