We’re excited to let you know that we are back to take care of your dental health needs. With regard to the COVID-19 virus, we will be following guidelines from the CDC and American Dental Association to address the safety of patients and staff alike.
The safety of our team and our patients has always been a top priority. At Gentle Dental Care, L.L.C, we have always exceeded recommendations for disinfection and sterilization. We have been working hard to implement changes and have purchased and installed new equipment to bring us to an even higher level of infection control.
Some of the new measures we have taken include:
- Air purifiers have been installed in the HVAC systems
- Foggers are now being used to spray disinfectant (safely)and clean all room surfaces while bringing down aerosols (after each appointment)
- Plexiglass separators have been installed at the front desk areas to provide adequate distancing
- We have ordered extra-oral suction units to further reduce spray in the treatment rooms
There will be other changes that have been implemented for when you arrive at the office:
- We will ask you to call us from your car when you arrive to limit the number of people in the reception area. Please be advised that all patients must be wearing a mask that is covering their mouth and nose when they arrive.
- Your temperature will be taken at the front desk with an infrared scanning thermometer. Please be aware that if your temperature is elevated we will need to ask you to reschedule your appointment.
- We will then have you answer and sign a short questionnaire related to COVID-19. Once the form has been completed, and your temperature is within the acceptable range, you will be escorted to a treatment room as soon as possible.
- In the treatment room we will ask you to rinse with diluted hydrogen peroxide solution to reduce bacteria and viruses in the mouth.
- The same familiar team will be here for you. However, we will be harder to recognize because of all of the PPE (personal protective equipment) we will be wearing. All front desk staff will be wearing masks. Clinical staff will be wearing masks, face shields, hair covers and surgical gowns.
We have been working diligently to make the changes necessary to try to keep us all healthy. Although we may look different, we still continue to strive to bring you the highest level of dental care in a safe, friendly and caring atmosphere.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Dr. Brad Strober, Dr. Mark Messer, Dr. Cynthia Butcofski and TEAM