It’s no secret that we envy someone who has a brilliant smile showing off their white teeth. They seem so comfortable and confident. If you are shying away from smiling and showing your teeth, discover how in-office teeth bleaching at Gentle Dental Care will increase your self-confidence and reduce your reluctance to smile.
Teeth Bleaching In-Office vs. OTC Products
The at-home OTC teeth bleaching industry has been very strong in commercially advertising to prospective buyers that their products are cheaper and more convenient than in-office teeth bleaching. However, there is now a new upbeat trend for in-office teeth bleaching because buyers want immediate results without the hassle of trays and strips day after day.
In-office teeth bleaching is preferred by buyers over at-home OTC products because:
- The procedure is supervised by an experienced dentist
- Stronger bleaching agents are used
- Immediate results are recognizable
- Treatment is customized to present teeth shade and condition
- Up to 10 shades lighter performance in one treatment
- No hassle of trays or strips, day after day
- No urge to leave whitening agent on teeth for longer than recommended
The In-House Teeth Whitening Procedure
This is a routine procedure, although it is not standardized for each person treated. In-house teeth whitening treatment varies according to your personal needs.
Here is a breakdown of the procedure:
- A cheek reactor is inserted into the mouth to expose all teeth
- A hardening resin (liquid rubber dam) is used to paint the gum tissue for protection
- A bleaching gel containing hydrogen peroxide is applied to all teeth evenly
- The gel remains on the teeth for a couple of minutes
- The gel is washed or suctioned off
- Fresh gel is then applied for 15 to 30 minutes
- An intense light may be used over the teeth to activate and enhance the gel
Get a Bright White Smile
As an experienced dental provider located in Edison, NJ, serving Metuchen, South Plainfield, Colonia, and other adjacent towns, we will make your smile shine. Discover how you can achieve a brilliant smile, with healthy-looking, whiter teeth by calling 732-549-5660 today and schedule your consultation with Gentle Dental Care.