Bonding is Easy
- Posted on: Sep 30 2018
If you took Psychology 101 in college, you probably remember that experiment that explored monkeys and bonding with their mothers. It showed that bonding was pretty crucial to normal cognitive development.
At Gentle Dental, we don’t know about that kind of bonding. But we do know about dental bonding, which may not help your cognitive development, but will surely help your smile development.
Dental bonding uses composite resin, a plastic-ceramic mix, to cover or fill dental problems. At Gentle Dental we offer bonding as an alternative to more expensive treatments such as porcelain veneers.
Dental bonding can be used to:
- Restore decayed teeth
- Fill large cavities
- Fill tooth cracks and chips
- Brighten heavily discolored teeth
- Protect the tooth root when gums recede
- Improve the symmetry of the teeth
- Fill gaps between the teeth
- Hold veneers and crowns
What are the benefits of bonding?
- Cost— Bonding can be an alternative to more expensive procedures such as veneers, crowns, or certain large precious metal fillings. Talented dentists such as Drs. Strober, Messer, and Butkofski can achieve similar results with dental bonding at a lower cost.
- Ease— With bonding, there is no waiting for fabrication of veneers or a crown. Bonding is done right in our Edison office, usually in a single visit.
- Painless— Since bonding involves placing the bonding material onto your teeth, there is no need for any anesthesia.
If you have flaws on your teeth, dental bonding could be a great cover-up! Call us at Gentle Dental with any questions you may have, (732) 549-5660, or to make an appointment.
Posted in: Dental Bonding