While betting on the U.S. Women’s Team to win the World Cup in July was a pretty sure bet, there’s something else that is much more likely — that a person’s teeth are not perfect. They may look pretty good, but there still may be a crack or a chip here or there. One tooth may be misaligned. There may be stains.
To correct things like alignment could involve extensive timelines and cost. But dental bonding with one of our Gentle Dental dentists is an affordable alternative that can make your teeth look great.
The concept of bonding is similar to veneers, in that underlying issues such as staining are simply covered up. Dental bonding uses resin, a plastic-like material, to cover or fill dental problems. Bonding is an alternative to porcelain veneers, which are more expensive. And it can be an alternative in cases such as symmetry to long-term orthodontic work. We use dental bonding at Gentle Dental usually for just a tooth or two, not all of the visible teeth. That would be a better job for porcelain veneers.
What is dental bonding used to cover?
Composite dental bonding can be a great cosmetic tool for these issues:
- Improve the symmetry of the teeth
- Fill large cavities
- Brighten heavily discolored teeth
- Restore decayed teeth
- Fill tooth cracks and chips
- Protect the tooth root when gums recede
- Fill gaps between the teeth
The benefits of bonding?
- Ease — With bonding, there is no waiting for fabrication of veneers or a crown. Bonding is done right in our Edison offices, usually in a single visit.
- Painless — Since bonding involves placing the bonding material onto your teeth, there is no need for any anesthesia.
- Cost — Bonding can be an alternative to more expensive procedures such as veneers, crowns, or certain large precious metal fillings. We are able to achieve similar results with dental bonding at a lower cost.