Dental Teeth Cleaning Edison, NJ
Schedule your routine dental cleaning today!
What is A dental cleaning?
Dental cleaning is the most common dental service among all other procedures in the city of Edison, NJ, which incidentally is one of the cities in the US that boasts of its excellent local dental practice. Teeth cleaning, which also referred to as dental prophylaxis, is professional teeth cleaning that patients are required to have in order to maintain good dental health.
Why do I need to get my teeth professionally cleaned?
Dental cleaning is a preventive dental treatment that involves taking out plaque and tartar that have built up and have become deposited on the surfaces of the teeth. The pellicle that coats the teeth contains calcium, which an element that aids in making the teeth strong. However, despite the benefits of calcium, pellicle formation results to calcium deposits building up, which, over time, transforms into plaque and tartar. Dental cleaning polishes the teeth at a level that cannot be achieved with regular oral hygiene like brushing and flossing. It makes teeth surfaces smooth and clean, effectively curtailing bacterial growth.
What other procedures are included?
The common procedures included in teeth cleaning in the city of Edison NJ are:
- Scaling of the teeth
- Tooth polishing
- Tooth debridement in cases where too much tartar has accumulated
It is recommended by dentists that a cleaning is done about twice a year, but if you have an exceptional dental care routine, your dentist might recommend that you have it done only once a year.
What are teeth cleaning procedures like?
Dental clinics in the city of Edison, NJ are equipped to perform not only the standard methods of teeth cleaning. They are also able to offer teeth cleaning services using state-of-the-art systems to make sure that the local residents have the best care available to them.
- Your dentist will first try to break off the larger pieces of tartar using an ultrasonic instrument that uses pulses or tickling vibrations to break large pieces of tartar to knock them loose while spraying a mist of water to wash away the debris and maintain the proper temperature in the area. This device will emit a whistling or humming sound, much like when you use an electric toothbrush. The pressure can be adjusted depending on the amount of tartar that you have on your teeth.
- After removing the larger pieces of tartar, your dentist will then use fine hand tools called scalers and curettes to get the smaller tartar deposits and to make the tooth surface smooth by applying gentle pressure while scraping off the deposits.
- Once the tooth surface is smooth, a prophylactic paste is applied and will be spun around the surface of the teeth to make it smooth and shiny.
- To finish the procedure, your dentist will apply fluoride to your teeth to strengthen the teeth because the acid from the bacteria that thrived in the tartar weakens the tooth surface.
“These guys are the best. Always helpful and cooperative.” – Karen F. 10-10-05
Read More Testimonials Here
Call (732) 549-5660 to schedule your dental cleaning appointment in Edison, NJ at Gentle Dental Care, today. You can also read more about our practice and our other offered service on our blog!