You’ll Love Our New Intraoral Scanner
- Posted on: Aug 30 2018
At Gentle Dental we pride ourselves on staying up to date with the latest dental technology for our patients. Our newest piece of technology is called the iTero Element Intraoral Scanner. Made by the same company behind Invisalign, the alternative orthodontic treatment using clear plastic aligners instead of metal band and wires, iTero is the latest in intraoral scanners.
Some features of the iTero system
The iTero system employs the latest technology to provide the team at Gentle Dental with excellent scanning capabilities. The small, light iTero system captures 6,000 frames per second when scanning. The system automatically stitches all of those images together to provide either sections of the patient’s teeth or the full upper or lower jaw.
- 3D images — The iTero system uses industry-leading imaging to create 3D images that can be rotated and manipulated. These can be shared with the patient right at chairside so that they can understand what’s going on with their teeth.
- High-definition display — You can see your teeth on a 19-inch high-definition, multi-touch display.
- Ability to manipulate images — The iTero system allows our dentists to spin, pinch, zoom, and manipulate images in other ways to facilitate both diagnostics and patient interaction.
- Color scanning — The iTero Intraoral Scanner can scan in both one color and full color, depending on what we’re trying to look at. Full color makes it easier to distinguish between gingival and dental tissue for more precise evaluation.
- Small wand — The wand used with the iTero system is small and easy for patients to deal with.
At Gentle Dental, we think you’ll love the capability of our new iTero Intraoral Scanner. It’ll let you see just what’s going on with your teeth.
Is it time to schedule your next exam and cleaning? Call us at Gentle Dental (732) 549-5660 to schedule your appointment.